A WATERSHED is an area or ridge of land that separates waters flowing to different rivers, basins, or seas. Rivers, streams and creeks that flow into Boone Reservoir define the area which makes up Boone Watershed.
Here are 5 easy things you can do for the Boone watershed
1. Don’t litter. Rains and drains push litter down into streams and creeks that drain into the Boone Reservoir.
2. Clean up after your pets. Storm runoff carries pet waste into streams and pollutes the Boone with harmful bacteria.
3. Wash your car on grass instead of pavement. The grass absorbs and filters chemicals, while pavement can’t.
4. Cut down on herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers in your garden that degrade stream habitats and kill aquatic life.
5. Share these tips with your family, friends and neighbors.